August 16, 2012

End of Summer Nostalgia, Little Dragon, etc.

It starts a week from yesterday.  Yes, that's right folks, (I don't even want to type it) SCHOOL.  I guess I'm not dreading it as much as I was expecting, but I don't want summer to end!  All of the "summer nostalgia" is coming to me right now and I'm reminiscing on wonderful summery thoughts.  Damn, I sound so melodramatic right now.  But hey, it's so darn true.

So, I have been putting all of these thoughts to use.  During times of nostalgic thinking, I make collages.  I guess it how I articulate my thoughts into something a little more organized.  Although, I wouldn't describe a collage as being organized.  At least not mine:


As you can see, this is a jumbled mess of floral-pastel-overexposedness.  I'm obsessed with anything and everything floral at the moment.  Anything that makes me feel like a butterfly makes me happy.  My back to school shopping list?

1. Floral Keds
2. New backpack
3. BUTTERFLY GARB

If you're confused as of what I am talking about, take a looksie: 

Tavi Gevinson
Photo by: Petra Collins
Elle Ribera
Ebba Zingmark
Nadja Seale

Also, this band makes me so happy.  Little Dragon, everyone.


 Yukimi Nagano has such a dreamy, funky, unique voice.  Whenever I listen to one of their songs, I get up and dance.  Especially this one:


I think I will listen to all of their songs before I head to school.

xx/Quinn

P.S. Back to school shopping later today! Wooooohooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment