April 19, 2012

My New Favorite Store: Buffalo Exchange

While in San Francisco, I took a little trip over yonder to where there buffalos roam.  Okay, maybe not, but I did go to Buffalo Exchange.  Buffalo Exchange is by far the raddest exchange store I've ever stepped inside of.  It's like Goodwill on steroids.  While I was in this little heaven called Buffalo Exchange, I found a pair of lace shorts and a kimono-esque shrug.  Actually, I wore the shorts in one of my newer Lookbook outfits.
Anyway, I thought this store was cool when I was in it, but I started researching it the other day and found out it was even more awesome than I first believed.  The first store started in 1974 in Tuscon, Arizona by a woman from Sweden.  Since then, 42 more stores have popped up around the whole nation.  It is still independently owned by Kerstin, the Swedish woman, and her daughter.  Buffalo Exchange was the fist store to buy/sell clothes from people.

Kerstin and her daughter, Rebecca

If you have the chance, definitely visit their blog.  There are tons of cool giveaways, plus you can see outfits other people have made from finds at one of the stores.  And, if you ever get the chance to go to one of the stores, MAKE SURE TO GO!

Have a great Friday!

xx/Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment