April 16, 2012

San Francisco: Day 2

And here goes day number two of my lovely vacation:

For breakfast, my parents walked down to the ferry building and got sourdough french toast.  YUM!  As we were walking back, I saw a street performer and gave him a dollar.  We got talking and he was quite funny.  We told him we were from Utah and he went off about how he loved Mitt Romney and the Mormons.  I couldn't help but laugh!  Even though he had some different views than I do, he was pretty great at drums and harmonica.  Taking his photograph was a blast.
After breakfast, we walked to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.  There were quite a few interesting exhibits going on, but an exhibition called Retrospective by Rineke Dijkstra.  She is a portrait photographer and captures her subjects' emotions exquisitely.  Her photos captivated me.  I stared at this one for 15 minutes straight!:

It was like I could see exactly what the young girl was thinking.

After visiting the SFMOMA, we walked back to our hotel to grab our bags and head on our way ): .
But...before we left, we went to Smitten Ice Cream in Hayes Valley.  They freeze the ice cream in one second right in from of you.  It was the silkiest ice cream I have ever put into my pie hole.
I was extremely sad when we got in the car and started driving to the airport.  We popped Girls into the CD player and my eyes started to well up.  I knew I liked San Francisco a lot before this trip.  But, I fell head-over-heels in love during this vacation.  My heart belongs to you San Francisco, I will be yours forever.

2 comments: